28/10/2012

Brrrr!

Brrr....Back home in London and Winter has definitely arrived! In the last couple of days the temperatures have plummeted, the pavements, awash with falling eaves, crunch underfoot:


and hot breath billows into the air from nostrils filled with a mixture of woodsmoke and a biting north wind.

Halloween is almost upon us - ghoulies and ghosties grin grotesquely from the shop windows and plump pumpkins and gourds fill the market stalls:


 
As if all this wasn't proof enough, this morning the clocks went back too. While it was a lovely opportunity to roll over, snuggle up and enjoy an extra hour under the duvet, the prospect of the dark mornings that ahead (and the even darker cold nights!) are not something I'm particularly looking forward to.

That said, this time of year does carry its own excitement; there is much to prepare for: Halloween, Thanksgiving for our American cousins, Guy Fawkes (bonfire night) and of course, Christmas!

Before I could make a start on any of that I had another happy occasion to look forward to: the arrival of a good friend's much longed-for first baby and last week found me precariously perched on a stool, finishing off the apple blossom tree mural in the nursery:






A beautiful baby girl arrived last Friday, a very special gift (for me as well, as it was my Birthday too!)

There are so many wonderful exhibitions to visit right now, I'm not sure where to start but I did manage to get to the MADE LONDON Design & Craft Fair in Marylebone this weekend. The ceramics, glass furniture and jewelry on display were simply breathtaking!

I'll keep you posted as I go, till then, keep warm everyone!

2 comments :

  1. I really like the apple blossom tree mural. Your are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathy! Lovely to hear from you!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!

" "