17/01/2009

From Russia (and Fred!) with Love




















You know how sometimes, someone does something for you that quite simply leaves you speechless? Well, this Christmas someone gave me a present so thoughtful, that I was quite literally lost for words.

What made it all the more special, was that it was handmade for me by a very young man who, knowing how much I was missing my daughter since she left for Russia, had taken considerable time and effort to produce a wonderful book, using photos he'd taken himself on a recent visit to Moscow. It is such a meaningful gift for me and I will treasure it for ever.


His name is Freddie De Stefano (he's the youngest brother of my daughter's partner) and he is a budding young artist with, I believe, quite an exceptional artistic talent.








I'll let you judge for yourself, here are just a few of the book's many pages:








No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

" "